Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So Many Blogs, So Little Time........


I am so excited because over the weekend my life was opened to the world of blogging. What I mean is, I can't believe how many really great, Catholic blogs there are out there. So many really, really good and inspiring things to read and learn from.


When my four oldest children were little, we didn't even have a computer. A very wonderful friend of mine subscribed to an awesome newsletter type publication for me, it was full of Catholic writings, and there was many family stories that I would devour four times a year. I would pour myself a cup of tea, put the kids in for a nap, or quiet playtime, and read to my heart's content. But I had to wait for three months before the next one would come out.


Here, on the internet, at my finger tips, several times a day, I can take a few minutes here and there to read, be encouraged and laugh with my brothers and sisters in Christ. One of my favorites The Digital Hairshirt, is written by a Catholic wife, mother and lawyer. She is extremely witty, extremely intelligent and makes frequent comments on things that are going on in our world. She says things that the rest of us are thinking!!! I often worried during my early years of mothering that my mind would turn into mush, and now I work with pre k and kindergarten kids, plus my mothering, and I ache for adult conversation. Our minds need stimulation. Now I can have it all and do laundry too!!!!


Slowly but surely I am getting the hang of this internet stuff. My loving husband gave me the best gift when he bought me my own laptop. My mind is growing and expanding, I often meditate on scripture or quotes I have read on other blogs, while I am working around my home, or during my Adoration time. This is so exciting for me. A whole new world. I am a firm believer that "mom" has to be fed, or she can't feed her husband and children. I am by nature a giver, I give to many around me, not just my family. By reading and writing, I am refreshed and renewed. My prayer life has taken on a whole new meaning. I am very blessed by God and I am grateful.


It is a wonderful world in which we live, it can also be a crazy one. I am feeling good today, knowing there are people all over the world who believe, who are faithful to the Magisterium, who love being Catholic and are firm in their beliefs.


I will be praying for all of us today during my Adoration time. Thanks for being out there. Thanks for writing. And even though we may never meet here on earth, see you in heaven!!!


What a great family reunion that will be.


4 comments:

  1. of course, mine is your favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I am a servant of God on www.prophecyfilm.com and wish to beg you, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to please link to this wonderful site which has free glorious Prophecies & Revelations of Jesus and Mary from Saint Bridget in many languages, and wonderful and powerful prayers called: The Saint Bridget fifteen prayers to our suffering Lord Jesus Christ!

    We also have free videos for download on various catholic topics, and maybe hoped that you could tell your visitors and your family and friends! They are a bit further down on the page and are quite interesting. They are extremly good for catholics to strengthen their faith, for protestants to come to the true faith, and for atheists to see the scientific evidence of the Bible that proves God's existance. You are free to copy all videos and books on our site http://www.prophecyfilm.com to your site if you like them. Our videos can also be embedded! This can draw lots of brothers and sisters to your site. We know by experience. We hope you also read the revelations and watch our videos personally.

    Here is a page with different banners we have made if you use those on your page.

    http://www.prophecyfilm.com/banners.htm

    For the greater glory of God!

    Peace and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish there were more hours in the day! My season of life is very hectic right now and I wish I could visit you more often. :)

    It never occurred to me that we have hope to make it to Heaven together, with the women who've encouraged us online through our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a great blog too. I also have a hard time prioirizing all the blogs i follow. We post Scripture readings, among other kinds of stories, on our blog Scripture Readings
    Hope you can come for a visit!
    :)

    ReplyDelete