Sunday, September 6, 2009

Thought for this Morning


Today I am thinking about gratitude to God. I always think that if we all just kept our eyes on our own paper, and were grateful for what we have, we wouldn't waste our time being jealous about what other people have.


God is good to each one of us. Yes, we all have difficulties, we all have sufferings in life. I have talked about that before. But we have so many things to be thankful for. If we look at all God has blessed us with, we won't be worried about the next guy.


I know it's hard. Hey, I struggle almost everyday with making sure my eyes are down and focused on my own life. And one of my most struggled with gospel readings is the one where everyone gets paid the same amount, whether they worked all day long, or just one hour. Yeesh, I still have trouble with that one. Also the reading where Jesus tells poor Martha, after she's been running around preparing everything that her sister Mary has chosen the better part by just sitting at His feet. I always root for Martha, even though I know the ending. I feel that way because I have been working in the kingdom for a long time, and I have to face my own jealousies and accept that even though I work my tail off for Him, someone on their death bed will reap the same reward as me. Heaven. That's where not counting the cost comes in I guess!


And I mean really, in the end, will it matter? Do you think any single one of us is gonna care when we are in heaven whether or not someone worked hard enough to get there? I don't know about you but I am going to be so happy to be there myself, I won't care about anything else! We are going to be with God! Our Creator. Isn't that awesome?!


I hope we all get there. I pray for it. I wouldn't wish hell on my worst enemy. We have to pray, and be grateful and offer up and sacrifice as much as we can.


And then get up in the morning and do it all over again. Cause somewhere in this world is a man or woman on their death bed who need our prayers:


"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

No comments:

Post a Comment