Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oops, I did it again


Did you ever have one of those days? At first I felt like a bulldozer that left mass destruction behind, but I realized that I wasn't doing that on purpose, so then I thought of myself as a baby elephant.

Stay with me here people. I mean, a baby elephant doesn't trample on things on purpose. It just happens. They are walking around, trying to get to the watering hole, and some poor daisy gets smooshed on the way. The elephant wasn't trying to do that. It just happened. Oops, I did it again.

That was me today. Every time I turned around I realized that I had just made things worse, without really trying. I think I hit every significant person in my life today, with the exception of an aunt and a few cousins. Aaaargh. That is my word to describe today. Aaaargh.

Can I blame it on fatigue? Can I blame it on stress? Can I blame it on menopause? Heck yeah. But the bottom line is, sometimes we all have "one of those days". I should have seen it coming. I have been helping people, and yesterday I went to Adoration, evening prayer and Mass. Even did my chaplet during the three o'clock hour.

As my spiritual mama always says, "No good deed goes unscorned." The devil made me pay, and pay and pay today.


But tomorrow is a new day. Yes, thank You God!! You give us a fresh start every day. The baby elephant will try to step gingerly around the daisies, and roses and petunias.....


My mantra today, "all I need is a good night's sleep".


Wake me up when the Britney Spears song is over.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get that much-deserved sleep!

    And take comfort in knowing...

    Baby Elephants are CUTE! Everyone loves baby elephants. ;)

    ReplyDelete