Thursday, February 18, 2010

RIP My Sweet Penny

Penny passed away today at about 5:35pm. I was sitting by her side, stroking her hair, while I prayed a chaplet with two others from our mission family. Her son and daughter in law were there too, holding each other tight. As we neared the end of the Divine Mercy Chaplet, she drew her last breath, and then, peacefully, she was gone.

I will miss her terribly. These last few weeks with her taught me so much about life, and love, and God and death, and what is really, really, important in life. And what is not. I learned about myself. I learned about God's place in my life. I learned more in this past month then I have in almost 49 years of life.


I will never, ever, ever forget her, or what I learned these past four weeks. Last night I whispered in her ear that when it was my time to go, she needed to come for me with Jesus. I said, "Promise me that you will come to get me when it is my time. If I see you, I won't be afraid."

Right now in heaven, there is a soul talking to Jesus about me. Isn't that mind blowing? Isn't that awesome?

But for right now, the tears won't stop coming. I am grieving. Please pray for Penny's soul, and please pray for me.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry, I was hoping I wouldn't have to read this any time soon.

    You know we're sorry to loose a loved one, but not sorry that they're with the Lord. What a blessing she now has to be with the Lord and to be free of suffering!

    And how wonderful for you to have someone who can be there for you when it is your time as well. That is a truly wonderful thing.

    I will keep you both in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Michelle, much prayer for you and Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Penny will both be in my prayers. May the Lord console you and wrap you in His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Michelle, I'll be praying for you both today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will. Thank you for taking us along on this journey. I have learned a lot from your example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your loss. I have been reading your journey with Penny. You brought her such peace. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just one month ago, I posted about the lost of a lovely soul from my congregation who passed on to glory. I was going to say 'lost her fight for life', but that is incorrect...these lovely souls WON their fight for life. Just think, Penny got to see Jesus FACE TO FACE. Isn't that the coolest thing? Smile between your tears knowing she is filling His ear about all you and your sisters' and brothers' care for her.

    ReplyDelete