Friday, April 24, 2009

Joy part 2

I had the pleasure these last couple of days to spend some time watching my missionary sisters and brothers in their joy.

There are three in particular that are total inspirations to me.

The first is my new sister, Sandy. She just joined us as a missionary but she has been a part of the mission for years. Sandy is full of joy. In fact, if you look the word up in the dictionary I just know her picture is there. Because Sandy is one of the most joy filled people I know. She is always smiling. She always has a good word to say. If you give her a compliment, she always returns it with a compliment back. I see her everyday working hard, but she does it with such grace and joy. Always a smile. You can tell that she is a person who just does not let things bother her. I know she must have concerns and worries like the rest of us, but I really think that her trust in God just makes her always looking toward the bright side of life. She just refuses to let things get her down. What an inspiration to me! When I grow up, I want to be just like her!

Second is my brother Dave. He always sees God in everything. He is in charge of our RCIA program, (one of many jobs he holds down at the mission), and this past week only 2 of our people showed up for the weekly lesson. This did not deter Dave at all. We went into the church and he taught us all about the art work, the meaning of the different paintings, and lessons about the saints that line our walls in the church. You would have thought he was teaching a class of twenty. The joy on his face was amazing. He was so happy as he talked about the meaning behind so many things in our church. His face just beamed with joy. Literally. It was almost as if he couldn't contain himself. I am so happy to be working with him. I hope I can learn how to be more like him.

Third is my brother Eddy. Eddy walks around the mission talking, laughing and joking with everyone he meets. Each person that encounters him walks away feeling like they are important. He loves to make people laugh. And the funniest thing is that when he tells his stories, he laughs as hard as the person he is telling it to. He is joy. He is a joy to be around, he is a joy to others. Eddy gives me the best hugs in the world. He sings and plays guitar and we could all be in the middle of something and he will just start singing his praise to God. When Eddy sings you almost feel like you are really a part of something very intimate between Eddy and God. He has an awesome voice and he writes the best songs. He is the best big brother a girl could ever have.

I am studying them. I think that is what we should do. We should study the people in our lives who are full of joy and then try to be more like them. So I am taking a course in joy, and for the next few weeks I am going to study those three. And I am going to pray for the grace to be more like them.

I thank God for putting them in my life. What a joy they are to all of us. What a blessing.

Thank You God for Sandy, Dave and Eddy. God bless all my missionary brothers and sisters.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment