Monday, October 5, 2009

One of those days!


I just had one of those days. The kind of day where you get a mixture of things. Some really, really good, some not so good. Not hugely bad things, just those small annoying things that stress you out. And that is not good when you are already stressed. Sigh.....


This is the first time today that I have had a chance, well, except for my Adoration time earlier today, to sit and just think about my crazy day. And this is my summation. The devil works super hard to make our lives miserable. I am so happy that he hates me so much. I must be doing something right. So I am going to ignore the things he did to stress me out and focus on the fact that I am sitting in my nice, warm home. My children are in bed, the youngest ones are asleep. We have all been fed today. My oldest daughter is thriving at college, just started a pro life group there, is getting all kinds of recognition for her studies and her future career. My second oldest is on retreat and she usually gets a lot out of these things, so I bet she is soaring right now. I have so much to be thankful for.


Perspective, right? And knowing how to be grateful. I have to choose joy and gratitude and be thankful always. Good or bad. No matter what. Thank You God. Thank You for this really crazy day. Thank You for the moments that were really, really good. Thank You for allowing me to see one of my missionary sisters in a whole new, wonderful way. I am going to pay for it, but it will be worth every second!


When you say "yes" to God, wow, it is a wondrous journey. I know that some of you already know what I am talking about.


It's St. Faustina's feast day. She is the patroness of our mission where we are missionaries. And let me tell you, whew, I am glad this day is over. So happy God lets us start fresh everyday. I am so pooped, sleep is going to feel good tonight.


Happy Feast Day St. Faustina!

No comments:

Post a Comment